Sunday, November 21, 2010

DD#8 Adventures in Kansas City

I had a great time yesterday in Leavenworth, KS and Kansas City with some great friends who all used to be here at Ft.Riley with me. My oldest daughter and her friend went to do Program Aide Training at the Girl Scout Council Headquarters and the little girls went to my friends house and stayed with a babysitter all day. It was a good sanity break for myself!

We started out at Artistic Works by Lu in Leavenworth. Its a great little store with all sorts of fun jewelry and accessories, like hats, sweaters, etc...I was able to pick up Christmas presents for a few people and use my birthday money from my parents. Lu created a necklace called the Deployment/Travelling Prayer. It has a pendant on it that has an Irish wedding ring on it and then on the back it says, “The Lord watch over me and thee while we are absent one from another.” I absolutely love it!!


After we were done there we went over to June's Cottage in Leavenworth so I could satisfy my craving for the chicken salad sandwich she has on the menu! That and some yummy soup was perfect for a chilly afternoon. It was great to be able to catch with my friends. I think we could have talked for hours, but we had other places to be!

Saturday is not a good day to go to Oak Park Mall in KC. After we picked up the big girls we headed over to the mall to go to the American Girl Store. I was ready to leave it after I walked through the door, but the girls were in heaven. I had much more fun going to Barnes and Noble and then to Panera.

It was a long day, but well worth it. Thank you Lord for wonderful friends. They definitely make things like deployments much more bearable!

No comments: