Tuesday, November 23, 2010

DD#11 Thankful

"Give thanks to the Lord for he is good; his love endures forever. Let the redeemed of the Lord say this." Psalm 107:1-2


This verse was posted by Christian Military Wives this morning on Facebook. I needed this reminder this morning as my five year old decided that she had all the time in the world to get ready for school. It was one of those days I was glad to drop them off at school!! Reading this verse though I'm reminded that this is a very minor bump in the road of life and as my mom always says, "This too shall pass."  So as we approach Thanksgiving I thought it would be good to write down some of the many reasons I have to be thankful instead of dwelling on the rough road I'm on right now. 
 
So to start off, today I'm thankful for AnnaMarie (even on the bad days). She is smart, funny, clever, and probably more like me than I like to admit! Scott always says this is why she and I butt heads so often. Her stubbornness and determination often make my head hurt now, but I know that as she gets older and matures, this will be a great strength for her. She is an amazing little athlete and excels at anything physical. Right now that happens to be gymnastics. We found the perfect sport for a small, muscular, and fearless little girl. It amazes me to watch her on the bars and the rings as she flips around and hangs by her knees. She spends a lot of time coping with her asthma, but it doesn't slow her down. I can't wait to see what God has planned for her life!

No comments: