Friday, November 19, 2010

DD#7 What a day!

Today started out to be such a bad day. I woke up around 3am with a horrible migraine and I felt sick at my stomach. After a couple of trips to the bathroom, I was starting to worry that I had the stomach flu. Somehow the kids managed to get themselves ready for school and I was able to pull some clothes on and drive them down and managed to get there only ten minutes late! Katherine's laid back style was definitely a blessing today. She sat on the end of my bed and watched Dora while I tried to get rid of my headache. I think I even fell asleep for half an hour, but I don't think she moved from her spot on the bed with her blanket. Slowly, but surely the headache started to go away with the help of some Excedrin migraine and a whole lot of water. The cause of all this fun was that I had taken so much cold medicine the day before, but didn't drink enough water with it so I ended up with a massive migraine from dehydration. I ended up staying home from school and resting all day. Live and learn, right?  What's cool though through this whole ordeal is that I had someone praying for me and I didn't  even know it until later in the morning! I love it when God does things like that!

When it was time for piano lessons, my headache had subsided and I was able to enjoy the rest of the night with the girls. Megan has a friend over, so we had pizza and watched a movie. Tomorrow we're all headed to Kansas City so the big girls can go to a Girl Scout Program Aide Training and the little girls can go play at a friends house. Mommy gets some much needed time off with some good friends! I was afraid this morning that I was going to have to cancel our trip if I didn't start feeling better.  So for now its time to go to bed so we can go and have some fun with friends tomorrow.

No comments: