Sunday, December 26, 2010

DD#41 German Candied Almond Recipe

I'm addicted to the German candied almonds that you can find from street vendors at Christmas markets. I haven't had any since we left Germany in 2007. At least until my dad found a recipe for them! He made some up on Christmas Eve and they are wonderful!! If you're like me you'll love this recipe...
Sugar and Spice Nuts
1 egg White
1 tablespoon water
1 pound almonds or pecans
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp. salt
3 tsp. ground cinnamon

1. Separate egg white from yolk into a medium-size bowl.
2. Add 1 tablespoon water. Whisk until frothy.
3. Add nuts and coat with mixture.
4. Combine sugars, salt, and cinnamon in a large plastic bag. Add nuts to the bag and shake thoroughly to coat.
5. Spray a large rimmed cooking sheet with cooking spray. Spread the nuts out and bake at 250* for 30 minutes.
6. Allow to cool before eating.

I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do!

No comments: