Wednesday, December 15, 2010

DD#33 Easy Button

Wouldn't it be nice if we had an easy button for everything? When the kids are being difficult in the morning getting ready for school or when the car breaks down while the husband is gone? Wait a minute...we do have something similar to an easy button. Instead of a button to push though we have a God who will listen, guide us, and sometimes even carry us through the hardest parts of our lives. Isaiah 40:31 has been my theme verse for some years now. It says,

                               But those who hope in the Lord
                                     will renew their strength.
                               They will soar on wings like eagles;
                                     they will run and not grow weary,
                                     they will walk and not be faint.
                                   
There are many times in my life where I wasn't sure I could go on, but I've always known that God has been there to keep me going. During deployments there are many days where I just want to crawl back under the covers and let me kids fend for themselves, but after a few minutes in prayer I find that I can get through the day. It still isn't easy, but better. And as my mom always says, this too shall pass!

No comments: