As much as I love Christmas and spending time with my family, I think I'm ready to get back to our routine. The kids are ready for school and all of their activities. I'm looking forward to starting my Spanish class in preparation for our post deployment trip to Puerto Rico without the kids!! Can you tell I'm excited?
I don't really like making New Year's resolutions. Most people don't stick to them anyway. I do want to set some goals for this year though.
- Learn to speak and read Spanish. I'm working on this goal starting on Tuesday.
- Get back in shape. I'll be going to the gym everyday after class since Katherine will be napping when I get out of class.
- Finish taking all the classes I need to start working on my teaching certification.
- Take a big trip with the kids this summer to the beach and go to the Juliette Gordon Low house in Savannah, GA. We'll be visiting family and friends all along the way.
- Finish my Kansas Troubles Quilt. I started it January 2009 while Scott was deployed last time. I am almost done with it, but hand quilting takes a long time!
- Finish Katherine's bear blanket. I started cross-stitching it before she was born. All the other girls have theirs, but I'm having trouble with this one.